[MEncoder-users] Two questions regarding A/V sync fixing...

Joe Emenaker joe at emenaker.com
Sun Jan 28 08:56:41 CET 2007

Okay... grep "sync" and/or "shift" in the man page didn't turn up what I
was looking for, so I'm going to ask.

First, does mencoder have a way to shift the A/V sync by a fixed amount?
I've got a few DVD rips where the sound is about 1-second later than the
visual events that the sounds go with, and I'd like to be able to adjust
that at rip time.

Secondly, does mencoder have a way to stretch or shrink the audio by a
certain amount? I've got some avi's where the sound and video start in
sync and, gradually, the sound starts happening longer and longer before
the video. So, for example, with a 1-hour video, the it's like the
1-hour of sound happens in 55 minutes, and then the last 5 minutes of
the video is silent. Is there a way to get mencoder to stretch the audio
back to the full hour?

- Joe