[MEncoder-users] Problems with AVI larger that 1 GB

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:19:28 CET 2007

thanks. it works!
I'm lucky, my files are smaller than 2GB.

By any chance, do you know how to solve my 2nd problem?

When I use MEncoder to generate MP4 files for the iPod, the output
seems to be not good.
Neither ffplay nor the iPod accept the file.

mencoder mobile2.avi -oac faac -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -of
lavf -lavfopts format=mp4:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
-o mobile.mp4

cheers.