[MEncoder-users] Subtitle sync issues on 1.0_rc1

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Mon Feb 5 13:25:06 CET 2007

Hi all.

I have a set of videos in Matroska containers with subtitles, and it seems
like ever since 1.0_rc1 I haven't been able to successfully transcode these
videos to xvid and maintain sync of the subtitles (audio and video are fine.)

I'm using a script to keep it under control:

  # Disable LAME - crashes out with a floating point exception no matter what.
  #ENCOPTS="-oac mp3lame -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1"
  ENCOPTS="-oac pcm -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1"

  SUBOPTS="-sid 0 -font /usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera/Vera.ttf
           -subfont-text-scale 3"

  mencoder ${ENCOPTS} ${SUBOPTS} "$1" -o "$1-converted.avi"

The very same video works fine in mplayer itself, which is crazy -- I thought
the two were based on the same code so it's a little confusing as to how one
would work properly and the other would be out of sync.

Versions before 1.0_rc1 used to work... or at least I can't remember it
causing issues before I upgraded.

In case it makes a difference, this is under Gentoo.  And no, I don't use
crazy CFLAGS. ;-)

TX

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org