[MEncoder-users] Encoding with x264 Jittery Result

Reuben Budiardja reubendb at organizedhacks.com
Mon Dec 31 14:00:36 CET 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007 3:57:29 pm R.L. Horn wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Reuben Budiardja wrote:
> > I am trying to use mencoder to encode VOB files with x264 codec. I'm
> > trying to get high quality encode with 1500 kbps target bitrate and
> > two-pass encoding. The following is what I use:
<snip>
> > The result is a very jittery movie. I checked that after the first pass
> > the result is still OK, but after the second pass it's very jittery.
>
> I just tried it and didn't see anything unusual (1.0rc1 mencoder built
> against SVN revision 636 x264).
<snip>
> I should think, then, that any problems
> encountered would be with libx264.  Do you know which version your
> mencoder was built against?
Hello,
I am actually not sure about the revision of the x264. I am using mencoder for
Fedora 7 by Livna repository, and (assuming) the x264 version by Livna also.

$ rpm -q mencoder x264
mencoder-1.0-0.81.rc2.lvn7
x264-0-0.8.20061028.lvn7

I think I will try to build my own mencoder and x264 library with the latest
version and see how it goes. Thanks for the respond.

RDB