[MEncoder-users] stop/restart mencoder

गिरगिट girgit.girgit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 05:08:38 CET 2007

If you run a windows executable from a shell script then job control can be
applied. I have ~/bin/mplayer, which invokes /usr/local/bin/mplayer.
Pressing ctrl-z stops the process and I use fg to restart it. The process
still shows up in tasklist, of course, but since it is not updating the
display I believe it has stopped.

Ctrl-S definitely does not pause the process, it just stops display update.