[MEncoder-users] can I seek the video but not the audio when using -audiofile with mencoder?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 12:40:42 CET 2007

Alejandro Vélez wrote:

> its possible to tell mencoder to only seek the video but not the
> audio when using an external audio file, I'm using mplayer-1.0rc2
> when I encode a video with "-audiofile test.mp3" and "-ss 23:00",
> mencoder produces a segmentation fault when the video transcode
> reaches the progress of 100%, I think that it's because the audio
> file duration is less than 23:00 minutes...

If you get a segmentation fault or other direct crash, read
DOCS/tech/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there to submit a
proper bug report. Crashes should not happen, period.

If fixing the crash does not fix the problem you are seeing, it can be
investigated separately.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.