[MEncoder-users] Audio - Video - Desynchronisation with mencoder

didiboo at didiboo.de didiboo at didiboo.de
Thu Aug 16 12:58:02 CEST 2007

RC schrieb:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:17:48 +0200
> didiboo at didiboo.de wrote:
>
>> Clean it with mencoder:
>>
>> mencoder -idx -lavdopts er=4 -vc ffmpeg12 -of mpeg -oac copy -ovc copy
>> out.mpeg -o clean.mpeg
>
> Does it work better if you skip this step, and encode to xvid
> directly from the DVB stream?

No. It doesnt. But i solved it another way:

first I tried to forget this step, and replaced it with replex:

replex -a number -v number -q 0 -t MPEG2 -o outps.mpeg ints.mpeg

This worked shortly good, but on some streams replex stops working,
saying something stupid and use processor with 99%. Ok, wrong way. I
tried all usefull switches for replex, but it seems there are
programming-failures.

So I go this way now:

Overview:

- - Recording - dvbstream
- - TS->PS    - ProjectX
- - multiplexing - mplex
- - recoding - mencoder

Commandlines:

dvbstream -f 11953 -p h -s 27500 -v 110 -a 120 -n 120 -c 0 -o > outts.mpeg

java -jar /usr/share/ProjectX/ProjectX.jar -demux outts.mpeg -out
foldername -name outps

mplex -f 3 -o outps.mpeg foldername/outps.m2v foldername/outps.mp2

mencoder -vf scale=640:-2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000 -oac
mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 outps.mpeg -o out.avi

This way there is no A-V-Desynch. Fine!

But now is a following Problem:

Some senders, like ZDF in Germany change their Video-Aspekt from time to
time. I didnt found until now a way to instruct mencoder that the
resulting avi change its video-aspect. Do you know a way for it?

Thank you,

J. Dietrich Boock