[MEncoder-users] different resolution or colorspace, while encoding 2 video files into single one.

Samuel Lu phycomp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:32:50 CEST 2007

Hi all mencoder fans,

if i've 2 mpgs, whose file format listed below:

ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_FILENAME=c2-25a.mpg
ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000001
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=1300000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=352
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=29.970
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=80
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=0.00
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=mpegpes
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=224000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3

ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_FILENAME=c2-27.mpg
ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000001
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=320
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=80
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=0.00
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=mpegpes
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=32000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=32000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3

As i would like to merge these 2 mpgs into a single one MPEG file, the
mencoder give me the following fatal message:

VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
[PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.

New video file has different resolution or colorspace than the previous one.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

Exiting...

This is my cmd:

/usr/bin/mencoder -o BallBouncingInertia.mpg -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc
-lavcopts aspect=16/9 vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800   -vf spp,scale
c2-25a.mpg c2-27.mpg

And i'd think that mencoder may need other more options to avoid this
problem, who can help me doing with this?

Best Regards,