[MEncoder-users] question when encoding lossless progressive 60 fps to 30fps flash video

Alejandro Vélez null274 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:06:39 CEST 2007

On 4/25/07, Alejandro Vélez <null274 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for how to compensate the loss of motion done by
> frameskipping when encoding a 60fps progressive lossless or high
> quality video to a 30fps flash video, is there a filter or a option
> for compensate the dropped frames?

I'm trying to compensate the loss of motion done by producing a video
with the half of frame rate than the original, I think that this video
can be an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_AwG5Mu0Tk

this video maintain motion smoothness even it was reencoded to a less
framerate than the original. It looks like blur motion to me, I'm not
sure. I saw another where they used the half of framerate and the
reencoded video maintains a motion smoothnes closer to the original
but it looked different.