[MEncoder-users] Dropped frames trouble

Matthew Allen fret at memecode.com
Fri Sep 29 01:39:33 CEST 2006

---------- Original Message ----------
To: MEncoder usage discussions (mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu)
From: RC (rcooley at spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: [MEncoder-users] Dropped frames trouble

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 9:42:45 +1000
> "Matthew Allen" <fret at memecode.com> wrote:
>
> > How many frames did you get in the output avi?
>
> Depends on where you're reading that value...  In fact, that's
> why I thought it was dropping any number of frames at all, when, in
> fact, it is not.

I've noticed that when mencoder gives me a valid progress report when encoding the file output doesn't have missing frames but when it shows "0%" the whole time it's missing about 5-6 seconds off the start.

Is there a known issue where the progress display doesn't work for some reason?

I'm working on writing an mpeg program stream parser to look into my files to see whether there is anything wrong with them.
--
Matthew Allen
(fret at memecode.com) (http://www.memecode.com)