[MEncoder-users] Swap or not swap (fields)

Sergio scostas at det.uvigo.es
Fri Sep 22 22:24:48 CEST 2006

Hi all:

I found that some video files store the fields of each frame swaped, so
when putting them in a DVD the result are that the scenes with movement
are really ugly. Searching in the documentation I found the switch:

	il[=d|i][s][:[d|i][s]]

 (De)interleaves  lines.   The  goal of this filter is to add the
 ability to process interlaced images pre-field without  deinter‐
 lacing  them.  You can filter your interlaced DVD and play it on
 a TV without  breaking  the  interlacing.   While  deinterlacing
 (with the postprocessing filter) removes interlacing permanently
 (by smoothing, averaging, etc) deinterleaving splits  the  frame
 into  2  fields  (so  called  half pictures), so you can process
 (filter) them independently and then re-interleave them.

        d    deinterleave (placing one above the other)
        i    interleave
        s    swap fields (exchange even & odd lines)

Can I use it to swap the fields? Must I do it just with

	il=s

or I have to do

	il=d:s:i
?

And now the stupid question: is there a way of autodetect when the
fields are swapped and fix it automagically?

Thanks.

--
Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)