[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

Strong s-strong at mail.ru
Thu Sep 21 18:50:55 CEST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:48:28 -0700 RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > > for V in 1:turbo 2
> > >   mencoder $OPTS -lavcopts $AOPT:$VOPT:vpass=$V -o out.avi in.avi
> > > done
> > It seems not a difficult script yet my bash complains:
> > syntax error near unexpected token `mencoder'
>
> You're missing "do" before the command.

Thank You. The following statement

for V in 1: 3 3:qns=3

should not be turned to

for V in 1: 2 3:qns=3

?

I did like this line very much:
$ mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=4400:autoaspect=yes:v4mv=yes:trell=yes:mbd=2:vpass=$V
-ffourcc DIVX

But a question arised: as my camera gives noisy video clips (the
pixels around the object are moving around randomly) which
codec parameter I should tune up to minimize that effect to save the
basic object quality the most? I know there is smooth key but I would
use it by codec as the quality unavoidably reduces.