[MEncoder-users] Question: 2-Pass Encoding No Bitrate Specification

andreil1 at starlett.lv andreil1 at starlett.lv
Wed Sep 13 17:41:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

After all, 2 pass encoding started working, I have to remove one of
the options which caused segmentation fault.

Now I have this:

mencoder $1 -nosound -ovc x264 -x264encopts
pass=1:bitrate=1200:4x4mv:subq=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b -o
$1.temp.menc2p1200.mp4
rm -f $1.temp.menc2p1200.mp4
mencoder $1 -oac copy -ovc x264 -x264encopts
pass=2:bitrate=1200:4x4mv:subq=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b -o
$1.temp.menc2p1200.mp4

The question is - how to get rid of explicit bitrate specification (2-
pass encoding seem to require)? I would like to use this script for
batch converting, and there are files with both high and low bitrate.
Is there something like "best guess by mencoder itself"?

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski
*
*   Personal Home Page
*   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site