[MEncoder-users] DivX in 1.0rc1

Joshua Crawford mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 29 13:44:19 CET 2006

* The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> [2006-10-28 10:08 -0400]:
> Joshua Crawford wrote:
>>* Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> [2006-10-27 17:54 +0200]:

>>>DivX support has been discontinued, as the Change log of RC1
>>>states:
>>>    * removed support for obsolete and non-free divx4 libraries
>>
>>That sucks :(
>
> Not particularly. There's no real advantage to using DivX instead of the
> other, more free MPEG-4 encoders.

Will you be stripping support for other codecs from mencoder as well?

This seems a step backwards, and in that spirit I'm downloading 1.0pre8,
which I somehow missed when it was released.

Perhaps there could be a '--with-divx4linux' configure option.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn
Listening to: Slackerpedia Galactica - Show Number One

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West