[MEncoder-users] DivX in 1.0rc1

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:54:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/27/06, Joshua Crawford <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I've just upgraded to 1.0rc1 (from 1.0pre7try2) and now mencoder complains
> that 'divx4' is an unknown suboption for -ovc. I have divx4linux (5.0.5)
> installed. Any ideas why it isn't detected?

DivX support has been discontinued, as the Change log of RC1 states:
    Decoders:
    * liba52 updated to 0.7.4 (slightly faster)
    * SSE optimizations for mp3lib
    * removed support for obsolete and non-free divx4 libraries

and

    MEncoder:
    * support of x264 encoding via libavcodec
    * rewrite -x264encopts option parser to use the 264 option parser;
      likely breaks 3rd party tools as the syntax of some options has changed
    * removed support for obsolete and non-free divx4 libraries

Alternative solutions to do the same thing (MPEG4 encoding) are XviD
and lavc mpeg4. The documentation has further infos on how to use them

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!