[MEncoder-users] Is it possible to rewrite the SCR in the pack headers?

Duncan Webb duncan-mp at linuxowl.com
Sat Oct 21 19:00:19 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Is it possible to rewrite just the SCR in the pack headers for an mpeg-2
file?

After recording a TV programme using an IVTV card and then splitting the
file with gopchop the second section starts at the time of the split
instead of 0. The reason I've found is that the System Clock Reference
has not been reset to 0.

Is it possible to use mencoder just to rewrite the pack headers and
leave the program streams intact. Especially the private data stream,
which contains teletext data, that I will want to process to extract the
subtitles. The subtitling extraction is already written, but will need
to change my program to optionally use the SCR. It would be nice to have
the times starting at zero instead of say 56mins.

I've been googling for quite a while to see it someone has the answer
but no joy.

TIA,
Duncan