[MEncoder-users] Compressing the photo camera Canon A610 video to mpeg4 at the best quality.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Oct 21 05:04:55 CEST 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:18:10 +0700
Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:

> It is there, its name is A610.avi.

It looks absolutely perfect reencoded with xvid at a bitrate of 1000,
default options.

I have no idea why you think you need "200Mb/min".

> Also I want to ask, How to compress audio in case lame requires lower
> sample rate and I do not want to reduce it.

The sample rate of that video is 11024 Hz, which lame can't possibly
handle.  Resampling to 11025 Hz works just fine.

> I have sample rate 11 kHz and it says to use -srate 8000.

Those are generic suggestions when something about lame encoding fails.
 You're taking those suggestions too literally.