[MEncoder-users] Encoding to FLV from WMV is HORRID

Musixz Man musixz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 00:36:14 CEST 2006

> > MPG, MOV, and AVI all convert to FLV beautifully!
> >
> > But, when encoding to FLV from WMV (7,8), the result is horrible to
> > say the  least. And this is regardless of the bitrate I set.
>
>WMV is variable frame-rate.  You have to find the proper framerate (I
>hear ffmpeg outputs the proper rate), and set it with -ofps, otherwise
>mencoder uses 1000fps.
>
>I've repeated this numerous times on these lists already.

Even though Im using mplayer (identify) to get the source specs, Ive tried
forcing it to 30fps (via -ofps 30) with no change in the quality.

As for you having had repeated this numerous times, I never considered the
problem I was having to be a framerate issue - so I never looked/search for
anything framerate related.

Thanks.