[MEncoder-users] Re: library for -of ogg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Oct 16 22:57:04 CEST 2006

Jon Drukman wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> You got me. I work with - and not infrequently install - the Big
>> One of them on a day-to-day basis, now, and it certainly doesn't
>> come with Flash preinstalled (although it might look like that from
>> an end user's perspective, since setting that up is one of the
>> things I have to take care of).
>>
>> That is, however, the claim which that page makes. Where it got its
>> information from, or whether that information is accurate, is
>> entirely another matter.
>
> I assume by "The Big One" you mean Windows XP SP2.  If so, it most
> certainly does come with Flash 6 for IE preinstalled.  At least the
> default install does.  Maybe you've customized it somehow so it
> doesn't?

Not that I'm aware of. However the case may be, I have certainly had to
arrange for Flash to be installed in order for people to be able to see
some of the Websites they need to use in their day-to-day routines.

You've piqued my curiosity; I'll ask the person who assembled the
bare-bones disk image we routinely use to jumpstart a machine if he
cleared Flash off of it beforehand. (It's just possible that he did,
because one of the goals of this image *is* to be as bare-bones minimal
as is sane in the context at hand.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.