[MEncoder-users] mencoder no sound when reading from DVD

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 01:40:02 CEST 2006

Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on 10/14/2006 01:38 PM RC said the following:

>>> WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
>>
>> You'd do well to pay attention to this warning...
>
> AVI is the default format.

Yes, but that's not what this warning means.

This warning means that "you specified a file extension other than .avi,
but you did not specify a non-AVI muxer with the -of option, so the
output file is an AVI with a different extension". In other words, in
this particular case (in which your output file was '1.mpeg') it means
"in case you didn't know it: you have NOT made an MPEG file, you have
made an AVI file".

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.