[MEncoder-users] mencoder no sound when reading from DVD

Manuel Lemos mlemos at acm.org
Sun Oct 15 00:43:18 CEST 2006

Hello,

on 10/14/2006 01:38 PM RC said the following:
>> It all goes well except that the output video file has no audio.
>
>> acodec=mp3:abitrate=128
>
> If you want mp3 audio, you should use -oac mp3lame instead of lavc.
>
>> WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
>
> You'd do well to pay attention to this warning...

AVI is the default format.

>> Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8285553 bytes).
>> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec
>> failed? For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni
>
> There's your problem...  You might try -mc 0, -noskip and/or -ofps
> 24000/1001.

I really have no ide what it means. I tried including the -ni parameter
and the warning did not go away.

> You really didn't include enough output to say for sure.

I realized that the problem is the -aid 128 command. mplayer determines
that -aid (audio channel source) should be 0, not 128 . Once I changed
that, the video was generated perfectly: AVI with MPEG4 divx video and
MP3 audio.

The mencoder command line that I used was generated by KVideoEncoder
program. I don't know why it generated -aid 128 parameter. 0 is MPEG
audio, 128 is AC3 . I am reporting to the author.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/