[MEncoder-users] Re: library for -of ogg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 01:52:03 CEST 2006

Phil Ehrens wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Phil Ehrens wrote:

>>> Yeah, it says only 97% of web browers can render flash.
>>> Amusingly, it says they can do it without a plugin. I wonder how
>>> that works.
>>
>> No, it doesn't - it says that that percentage of users can render
>> Flash without having to *download and install* a plugin, meaning
>> that the necessary plugin is already present on their computers.
>
> You mean those pay-to-play operating systems come with the flash
> plugin already installed? Wow. Considering all the stuff they don't
> come with, I wonder why they come with that?

You got me. I work with - and not infrequently install - the Big One of
them on a day-to-day basis, now, and it certainly doesn't come with
Flash preinstalled (although it might look like that from an end user's
perspective, since setting that up is one of the things I have to take
care of).

That is, however, the claim which that page makes. Where it got its
information from, or whether that information is accurate, is entirely
another matter.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.