[MEncoder-users] library for -of ogg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 02:45:46 CEST 2006

Jon Drukman wrote:

> what library/libraries do i need configure to find to enable "-of
> ogg" ?

There is no such thing.

MEncoder supports only five 'output format's:

'-of avi', the default, which outputs to AVI.

'-of mpeg', which outputs to one variant of the MPEG container - i.e, an
MPG file.

'-of rawvideo', which outputs to raw, un-multiplexed video.

'-of rawaudio', which outputs to raw, un-multiplexed audio.

'-of lavf', which outputs through libavformat, determines which
container to output to based on either the '-lavfopts format=' option
or, if no such option is given, the extension on the filename.

How well, if at all, libavformat supports muxing to Ogg I do not know
offhand. If you want, you can try it to find out.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.