[MEncoder-users] Why Mencoder's mpeg output can not be

a a batic62 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 19:59:29 CET 2006

>> Dear All
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a big problem.
>>
>> When i convert a .avi or .vob file by mencoder to .mpeg file format,
>>that resulting file can not be played by Windows-XP media player.
>>
>> Why ? Thus how we can make a MPEG or VCD for another person for
>>watching in a Windows-XP box ?
>>
>> My tests was done by mencoder-mplayer dated 2006-10-22 and Windows-XP
>>media-player 9 and newers.
>>
>> Is there any other good converter .avi or .vob to MPEG in linux other
>>that mencoder ?

>If you read the HTML doc, you should learn all you need to know to
>make MPEG files that play everywhere.
>Other than that, you can also look at the TOOLS directory of mplayer
>source tree.

>Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume , and others

But i read some documents of MENCODER and i am not able to do so, still.

I used mencoder as the following commands, and with no one of them my outputs can be played with Windows-XP's Media-player :
1- mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -oac copy input.vob -o output.mpg
2- mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:mbd=2:keyint=5:subcmp=2:dia=2:mv0:autoaspect -oac copy input.vob -o output.mpg
3- mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3:predia=2:dia=2:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:precmp=2:cmp=2:subcmp=2:preme=2:qns=2 -oac copy input.vob -o output.mpg

The third one had been mentioned in MENCODER documents.

What is the exact command that can convert my .avi amd .vob files to MPEG compatible both with Linux's Kaffeine and Windows-XP's Media-player ?
Can you give me the solution exactly ?

Any exact solution can be appreciated.
Thanks