[MEncoder-users] Why Mencoder's mpeg output can not be played on MS-media-player

a a batic62 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 23:17:37 CET 2006

Dear All
Hello

I have a big problem.

When i convert a .avi or .vob file by mencoder to .mpeg file format, that resulting file can not be played by Windows-XP media player.

Why ? Thus how we can make a MPEG or VCD for another person for watching in a Windows-XP box ?

My tests was done by mencoder-mplayer dated 2006-10-22 and Windows-XP media-player 9 and newers.

Is there any other good converter .avi or .vob to MPEG in linux other that mencoder ?

Thanks for any comment and recommendation.