[MEncoder-users] xvid encoding and quantization matrix

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Tue Nov 14 21:06:41 CET 2006

I am doing some experiment with xvid and the quantization matrix.

I use the xvidencopts quant_inter_matrix=<file> and quant_intra_matrix=<file>
as described in the man page, but apparently mencoder just ignore the matrix and
does the normal encoding.

Question. Do the xvid options quant_inter_matrix and quant_intra_matrix work
with mencoder? If yes, are there any special requirements for such matrix?
The file I use as argument for quant_inter_matrix appears normal and I can load
it in xvid4conf.

Giacomo