[MEncoder-users] Real Media newbie Problem

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:09:56 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/8/06, Anna Saranti <s0473056 at sbox.tugraz.at> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to produce videos in .rm and .mov format from an .avi file.
> Allthough everything seems fine when I open the produced .rm and .mov
> files with Kaffeine or VPC Player, I cannot open them with RealPlayer
> or QuickTimePlayer. I have updated my RealPlayer Codecs and support
> that I could, and I also tried many diffrent options in Mencoder, both
> in Windows or Linux (Kubuntu Edgy Eft). I give some examples:
>
> 1) mencoder input.avi -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc (-noskip -ofps ..) output.rm
> 2) mencoder input.avi -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -of lavf (-ofps ..
> -noskip) -lavfopts
> format=rm:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -o
> output.rm
>
> Is there anything I can do?
> Thank you for the help.
> Anna

Make sure you're using a realvideo video codec too. This list has all
supported video codecs:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-libavcodec.html#menc-feat-enc-libavcodec-video-codecs

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!