[MEncoder-users] Sizing JPEGs Correctly For Any Dimension

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat May 27 05:02:30 CEST 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:15:13 -0400
"Robert Sandie" <sandieman at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are trying to make the images scale after encoding.

What?

It's quite easily to scale your video before encoding, see -vf scale in
the man page.

> Right now we our current commands don't scale or put in "black area's
> in the top of the video".

You don't WANT black bars.  They significantly, and needlessly increase
the bitrate.

The only place it's advisable to use them in for VCDs/DVDs, where the
set-top box can only handle 1 or 2 specific resolutions and aspect
ratios.