[MEncoder-users] 16 bit greyscale lossless codec

Kristian Nilssen knilssen at weather3000.com
Wed May 17 23:30:06 CEST 2006

I have scientific data in the form of 16 bit greyscale images which I
need to package up into an avi (on linux) and send to a windows box for
viewing / further processing. I can convert the images to RGB png files
and create an avi but I really need to create an avi with 16 bit grey
scale data (preferrably lossless), not 24bit RGB data. Is this possible?
I think I read somewhere that H264 can do lossless greyscale, but how do
i find out what options to pass to mencoder for this?