[MEncoder-users] Encode raw QCIF 25fps 24Bit AVI to raw RTP payload dump

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese at siemens.com
Wed May 3 09:31:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

I need to know how to convert a raw uncompressed unencoded AVI
file (as specified in subject) to a raw H.263 encoded RTP Payload
dump file using mencoder.

I already tried something like this:

bash# mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=50 -lavcopts
vcodec=h263p foreman.avi -of rawvideo -o foreman.rtp

But the resulting .rtp file seems to be corrupted since
a bunch of frames are missing at the end of the file.

Anybody, please tell me what I do wrong! I urgently need help
with this. I tried for months without any success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
H. Wiese

PS: in the next step I need to extract the payloads so I can
put them into a proprietary package based data format...