[MEncoder-users] Re: [MPlayer-users] Mosaic or Picture in picture filter for mencoder?

FF fatfinger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 21:00:51 CET 2006

*Nico Sabbi
*I think I didn't explain it clear enough.  Though I think Rathann
understands what i'm trying to do, and I think Rathann is correct that it
can not be done in mencoder but let me make clear what i'm trying to
accomplish once more.

I'm capturing and encoding to differnt files from both sources for 15
minutes each..

mencoder -tv device=/dev/video0:driver=v4l2 etc etc... outputs -------------
video-output0.avi
mencoder -tv device=/dev/video0:driver=v4l2 etc etc... outputs
--------------video-output1.avi

I have two seprate instances of mencoder running in.

After the 15 minutes, Encoding has stopped.  Now, I would like to take these
two files (video-output[0-1].avi and RE-encode them into one file but with a
pip or overlay filter.  So its two sources, combined into one final file,
but with both videos encoded into the same output.
Video0 for example would be 320x240 overlayed on Video1 which would be
640x480 saved to one file.

For anyone else trying to do the same thing I think avisynth's overlay
http://www.avisynth.org/Overlay  can do what I want mencoder to do, but I
haven't not tried it yet.

Thanks
-ff