[MEncoder-users] bmovl

jay.r jay.r at funwithmsn.com
Thu Jun 29 22:17:36 CEST 2006

Hi Chris

I needed something like that for placing a logo or something else in
the right bottom corner a couple of days ago.
I tried working with bmovl but the results were very bad.. (slow +
movie was fucked up totally, mirrored parts, etc)
you also haven't got many options, and the documentation of that
function is really crappy...
So I started to look around and found that there was a -vhook
function in ffmpeg, where you can use watermarking..
I first encode my movie with mencoder and then I use ffmpeg for
compressing it + placing the logo..
this is what I use as a command:
$exec = "/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i {$this->outputfile}.flv -vcodec flv
-b 200 -ar 22050 -vhook '/usr/local/lib/vhook/watermark.so -f /home/
jayr/public_html/images/logo.gif' -ab 48 {$this->outputfile}1.flv";
an example of the logo can you find here: http://engene.se/
ffmpeg_watermark.gif
Make sure that the gif image is the size of your movie (resize it if
necessary with mencoder.. -of:scale.. 	)
The background of the gif image needs to be gray, if you want it to
be transparant ( use the color value of the background in the url
here above )
Try it with a black or white text and see the results.. you may need
to adjust the gif a couple of times to get the right results..
Don't waste your time on that bmovl function.. that 's the only
advice I can give you ;)

Regards
Jay