[MEncoder-users] Re: MEncoder-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Mon Jun 12 23:03:04 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Abu Zaher <zaher14 at gmail.com>

  >i dont know is it for nasm or not but after installing it and
compiling xvid with nasm, i got a huge boos. In some cases, i got
> about 50-80% speed boost.

> nasm is supped to take advantage of mmx and sse capeabilities of the
cpu, xvid uses that during encoding process.

 That's what he said.  The Mobile Celeron supports SSE2 as well.

What's really weird is that recently, I have seen a huge speed boost on
the Celeron Mobile machine.  I am now getting about 24-28fps on the
first pass and about 14-17fps on the second pass.  The only change was
that I pulled the 256MB ram chip for another machine and installed a
128MB.  They are both PC133, but the system is much faster now for some
reason(not complaining).  I have another 256MB chip of the same
type/brand and I may swap that in to see what happens.  That's really
strange to say the least.  I am a lot happier with the new rates.
Sometimes it gets slower, but it's been much better than before.  I am
still looking for a DDR board, so when I get one I will post the
comparison to see if it makes any difference.