[MEncoder-users] coredumping with latest svn build

DaveG mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Wed Jun 7 19:48:23 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 08:54, Dieter wrote:
> Welcome to the ffmpeg core dump club.  :-(
>
> gdb is your friend.

Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the skills to deal with debugging
core dumps :-(

> > Using
> > mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=320:h=240:fps=25:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o output.avi
> >
> > from the docs
> > file:///usr/local/share/doc/mplayer/menc-feat-enc-images.html
> >
> > gives
> >
> > mencoder: No match.
>
> IIRC, "No match" is a csh message.  Your script uses /bin/sh.
> You probably have different PATHs.

The files are in the current directory unless mplayer is looking elsewhere.  I
went back to MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2 (from FreeBSD ports tree) and it's
working just fine again using the same command line.

If I get time one day I'll have a look at what the FreeBSD port does to the
pre7try2 code WRT to config/settings and try the same with the latest SVN
code.
--
Dave