[MEncoder-users] Add watermark/ image/ text to a movie

jay.r jay.r at funwithmsn.com
Tue Jun 6 15:44:20 CEST 2006

Hi

I would like to add an image ( gif/jpg) on top of a movie with
mencoder. (f.e. a small logo in the right bottom)
I already searched the man pages and asked this question on #mplayer
(where lesshaste gave me some good advice, thank you for that)
and the bmovl output filter seems the way to go.
But can someone give me a working example on how to use this with
FIFO pipes?
and from a mencoder -vf point of view ( no hardcore c scripting please)
I also searched on the net for some information relating this
question and
found out there are a couple of sites who provide a replacement/
improvement for bmovl
http://urandom.ca/mebox/ this one talks about bmovl2 and kaa.canvas,
offering some
neat effects for mplayer/mencoder.. but I can't seem to find some
down-to-earth information on how to use this with mencoder on this
website.
The other website is: http://rve.sourceforge.net/doc/ but this one
seems older & only supports text animations..
Has anyone walked this path before and give me some information on
how to use these projects or has other suggestions,
feel free to answer. All comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jay