[MEncoder-users] Mencoded divx won't play on standalone player

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Jun 6 05:42:49 CEST 2006

Markus wrote:
>> What have you tried? Is your DVD NTSC? Have you read this section of
>> the docs?
>> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-telecine.html
>>
>  Yes, the DVD is ntsc. Using '-ofps 24000/1001' got the sound synced up
> nicely thank you. I do have the black bars on the top and bottom, but
> it's livable, and I'm having fun playing around with cropping, etc....
>
>  Any idea why I still have the same problem (tons of duplicate frames)
> from a quicktime source? It's a .mov file from a digital camera.
>
>  Here's what I'm currently doing with  that:
>
> /usr/local/bin/mencoder p1000548.mov -of avi  -xy 512 -of avi -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200 -oac pcm -ffourcc XVID -ofps
> 24000/1001 -o MikaylaSki2.avi

'-ofps 24000/1001' isn't something you should use all the time -- only
when re-encoding progressive content from a DVD. Read the telecine
section of the documentation that I gave you, if you haven't already.

There are other times when you may want to use '-ofps something', but
re-encoding a digital camera video probably isn't one of them. Just
leave out the -ofps and see what happens.

-Corey