[MEncoder-users] Re: video filter scale (n+8)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jul 12 03:24:57 CEST 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:53:38 -0700
Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:

> would like it to resize the output video to 640x368.  instead it is
> giving me 640x432.

Well, to begin with, you're using the wrong option.  You apparently want
-10 not -11.  The latter doesn't consider the aspect ratio at all.

> i don't see anything there that would tell mplayer what the correct
> aspect ratio is, but the information is in the file somewhere, because
> it plays back at the proper 16:9 ratio with VLC.

I see, so your real problem is that MPlayer isn't picking up the proper
aspect info from your DV files.  You may want to upload a short sample,
and perhaps someone will find and fix the problem.

Until that happens, you can add dsize=16/9 before scale, or perhaps
use -aspect 16/9.