[MEncoder-users] merging 30' DVDs into one?

Roberto Sebastiani rseba at dit.unitn.it
Sun Dec 31 18:07:12 CET 2006

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Roberto Sebastiani wrote:
>> Hi. It seems to work, apart from one detail:
>>
>> the folder contain not only the VTS_01_n.{VOB,IFO} files, but also also
>> some extra files VIDEO_TS.{VOB,IFO} cntaining the index of the scenes. Can
>> I merge these as well?
>
> they contain the titlesets index and the eventual menu, so theyt must be
> recreated by dvdauthor; in short: forget them

uhm, the command recreates the  VIDEO_TS.IFO but not the VIDEO_TS.VOB
(which contains images with frames from the scenes).

is there way to recreate the VIDEO_TS.VOB as well? Having a selector with
frames from the scenes is very useful...

Prof. ROBERTO SEBASTIANI
Dip. Informatica e Telecomunicazioni
Fac. Scienze M.F.N., Universita` di Trento    Tel: +39 0461 881514
Via Sommarive 14, I-38050, Trento, Italy      Fax: +39 0461 882093
roberto.sebastiani at dit.unitn.it     http://www.dit.unitn.it/~rseba