[MEncoder-users] Does -ass work with mencoder?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:44:45 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/28/06, Pepe <rvm3000 at ya.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 28 de Diciembre de 2006 18:46, Guillaume POIRIER escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12/28/06, Pepe <rvm3000 at ya.com> wrote:
> > > MPlayer 1.0rc1-3.3.4
> >
> > Please use latest SVN version of MPlayer. There's been a fair deal of
> > improvements in ASS support.
>
> Tried with MEncoder dev-SVN-r21779-3.3.4. No fix. It does the same, the
> subtitles are still white.

mmmm try to append -vf ass to your filter chain...

> By the way, I get this message in mencoder:
>
> Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
> and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
> but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
>
> Why? I did "./configure" and "make", as always. Do I have to do something
> more?

We discovered that version of gcc earlier than 4.1 have a bug where
gcc fails to honnor stack alignment directives for scalars.
I'd suggest using the very latest version of gcc that your distro
ships, or to build your own.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations