[MEncoder-users] windows mencoder -edl issue

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 21:53:45 CET 2006

After spending a great deal of time with the comskip
developer, we discovered that the core of this problem
is actually my hardware capture card (Maui-III).  For
some reason it outputs mpeg2 files with non-standard
timing (i.e., thus the resulting -edlout below).

Is it possible to retime an mpeg2 file with mencoder?

I would prefer that the resulting files remain in
mpeg2 format as I have a hardware mpeg2 decoder which
I view them with.

Retiming the original mpeg2 should then allow me to
use the standard edl timed files generated by comskip,
ShowAnalyzer, etc to remove commercials.

Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Gary