[MEncoder-users] Mencoder stops encoding after a few minutes

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:49:50 CET 2006

2006/12/4, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 20:50:32 +0100
> "Pierre Catello" <pierre.catello at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > All I can do is posting a smaller file :
> >
> http://dl-3.free.fr/52616e646f6d495695a9c93e9ed1baa724d78779c28afd5f3c4ec29e3776e7f8/crash2.avi
>
> MPlayer (SVN) doesn't crash playing that file.

That's right!
So I had good hope to be more lucky with the latest development version and
I compiled mplayer/mencoder from the latest checkout (with
--enable-largefiles) on a linux box,

But unfortunately, if mplayer plays all my DV file nicely, mencoder reports
this message on the same files :

MEncoder dev-SVN-r21485-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+ (Family: 6, Model: 10, Stepping: 0)
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x8000
Seek failed
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
===
Cannot open demuxer.

Exiting...

:-(