[MEncoder-users] Mencoder h.264 incompatibility?

Jim Driscoll Torg0999 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 26 15:20:13 CEST 2006

I create ipod Compatible Files with:

-af volume=13:1 -aspect 16:9 -of lavf -lavfopts
format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames  -oac lavc
-ovc lavc -lavcopts
aglobal=1:vglobal=1:coder=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=aac:vbitrate=640:abitrate=12
8 -vf scale=374:214,crop=368:208:3:3,pp=fa,harddup -info name="": -ofps
24000/1001

The volume is in there for DVD sources. And obviously this is for a 16:9
source.

Mencoder doesn't seem to set the bit rate correctly for AAC when combined
with h264 for ipods.  If someone knows how to get aac and h264 to work with
JUST Mencoder please reply.

Change the mpeg4 to h264 and you have a PSP compatible file, OR you can add
-srate 24000, but you can get higher quality audio on the PSP with h264.

> I'm using mencoder to rip a dvd to the h.264 format (mp4 container for
> ipod).  The settings are configured for ipod, but when it encodes, the
> ipod won't play video, it will only play the audio part.

Can someone please post all options necessary for mencoder to create
mp4-files which play on an iPod?

I'd think that would be a valuable addition for the manual, too.

Regards,

http://www.philmann-dark.de/