[MEncoder-users] Want a sample command to convert files to FLV

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Aug 17 19:54:35 CEST 2006

howard chen wrote:

> On 8/15/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:13:53 -0400 The Wanderer
>> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Er... should that be necessary?
>>
>> Not really, but in scripting situations it helps (line breaks after
>> each status line make it easier to parse), and if he has some
>> -msglevel in his config file, -v should override it.
>
> yes, after i use "-v", i can get the average fps now...

What's in your ~/.mplayer/config file? If the 'total time' and 'total
frames' are not printed by default, then there's something weird going
on.

> in fact, i wonder the need to playback the whole file to get the
> average fps, even the player play the first 20-30 seconds could get
> the average fps.

That will give you the average FPS over that small chunk of the file,
but it won't necessarily be the same as the average FPS of the entire
file; if the frame rate changes later on, the average FPS will be
different.

In point of fact, I noticed that exact effect in the course of testing
to make sure that the numbers I expected were in fact gettng printed.
Once I let the video finish 'playing' and got total time of 420.2
seconds with 11822 frames, for an average FPS of ~28.13422; another
time, I interrupted it early on at 35.0 seconds (by coincidence) and 832
frames, for an average FPS of 23.77143. Considering the desync I
sometimes get in non-variable-FPS files whose FPS value is off by (as
far as I can tell) about 0.1 frame per second, I'd say that 4.36 frames
per second is a very significant difference.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.