[MEncoder-users] duration when reading input from std.in

131071 131071 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:36:10 CEST 2006

hello,

i have a java app that issues the following command to convert an
uploaded file to FLV by writing a bytestream to std.in via a
BufferedInputStreamReader and then reading the result from std.out the
other way round directly into the DB:

mencoder - -of lavf -oac mp3lame  -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts  vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3
-srate  22050 -ofps 30 -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -o -

my problem now is that the above can't determine the duration of the
resulting FLV file and consequently no duration is written to the FLV
header. furthermore, i can't write the file to the filesystem first
and then beam it into the DB due to a quite special server setup.

any ideas how to get the duration data into the header?

thanks
joachim