[MEncoder-users] mpeg4 encoding options

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:10:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/4/06, Eduardo Gargiulo <egargiulo at users.sf.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to encode an avi file using mencoder. I've used encoding
> options from samples of manual[1], but in all cases
> (vhi,hi,fast,realtime), the result video is pixelized. How can I avoid
> that distorsion? I would like to have a good quality video on mpeg4.

Make sure the bitrate is high enough. There's a section of the doc
that can give you a hint of the range of bit/pixel ratio that yield
good picture quality.

> Using
> xvid codec I have not pixelation and good quality, but the file does not
> run on my standalone DVD player.

You can use Xvid's profiles if you like. They are meant to be used in
such cases.

Guillaume
--
Conditional branch execution in SIMD vector processors are patented! :
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4435758.html