[MEncoder-users] installing mp3lame encoder to mplayer

Ko Ko kkl_sg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 07:21:28 CEST 2006

The problem is solved. I go and edit the config.mak file and over there change setting to install mp3lame to yes or something.
  I got 1 funny problem. I am trying to encode wmv file to wmv. It does play nicely on the Windows Media Player when I test on the window. But when I embed the movie file into internet explorer and set the autostart to yes, other movie file like avi and mpg autostart when I open the Internet explorer. But .wmv doesn't autostart. I need to press the play button then it started playing. Here's how I produce a .wmv file

  mencoder -of lavf -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=wmv1 -ofps input.wmv -o output.wmv -endpos 10

  This produce a wmv file with 10 second preview clip of original wmv file. But it just doesn't auto play when I embed in internet explorer. I embed this way.

  <OBJECT ID="mediaPlayer" CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" STANDBY="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject" height="500" width="600">
                <PARAM NAME="fileName" VALUE="output.wmv">
                <PARAM NAME="animationatStart" VALUE="true">
                <PARAM NAME="transparentatStart" VALUE="true">
                <PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true">
                <PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">
                </OBJECT>
  Regards,
  Ko Ko

RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
  On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
Ko Ko wrote:

> I download Lame from internet and try to install it. Then I install
> mplayer again. It still doesn't work. Can anyone give me any tips on
> installing it?

You need the lame-dev package, too.

Reality starts with Dream