[MEncoder-users] mplayer / mencoder: precision of -ss

Reza Roboubi reza at parvan.net
Fri Apr 7 00:24:42 CEST 2006

Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> Hi Reza Roboubi!

Hi dear Vladimir Mosgalin.  Thank you for replying :)

> You can't do it this way. Either re-encode and use edls and -hr-edl-seek
> (but the quality will be worse) or use avidemux and its "smart copy
> mode".

Great info, but again, looking at edl, it seems to point the finger at
Iframe/pframe issues.  Yet the lag between mplayer and mencoder seems
pretty deep for that.

I really wonder why?  See my other post, maybe mencoder isn't counting
the "duplicate frames" somehow.

Reza.