[MEncoder-users] low quality decrypt

miguel gmail miguel.listas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:26:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

this is my first mail to this list. Hope i am not posting a stupid
question and i could express myself in english.

I am trying to use mencoder to extract a movie off a dvd. The command
i use is like:

  mencoder dvd://1 -o whatevermovie.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -vf scale
1024:800 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4  (all one line)

However, the output movie doesnt have a very high quality. It seems to
be very ´pixelized´

I am using SuSE 9.3, with mplayer and mencoder downloaded from
Packman, a well known rpm source for suse distro.

Is there something i could do to impruve the results?

Tia!

--
Saludos,
miguel