[MEncoder-users] Can't create movie from 1280x1024 jpegs

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sun Sep 11 20:01:17 CEST 2005

Edwin Glaser wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i tried to create a movie form 1280x1024 jpegs.
>
>Up to 900x800 pixel everythings works under a charm. But with larger
>images the movie is messed up. mplayer shows two tiles of the right
>side and xine crashes.

Hi Edwin

It might be not mplayer/mencoder/xine issue. Try to watch something THAT
large,
for example some HD movie trailer. Possibly, the problem is that your video
hardware has not sufficient memory for overlay texture allocation.
You may use -vo jpeg or png (well, I know how it sounds) to see if your
movie is
all right. My former ATI Rage crashed anything when I was trying to
watch >720px wide
movies. Current Nv GF FX 5200 shows 1280px wide movies without overlay
problems.

Philipp