[MEncoder-users] new doom9 codec comparission

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Nov 24 03:37:05 CET 2005

Hi

doom9 is planning to do a new codec comparission, and they are asking me
to provide them with 2pass settings (lavc mpeg4 & lavc snow) for the
"qualification round" against xvid 1.03 with the matrix as movie
they need a single set of options not a mix of possible good ones from
which they would have to select, thats also why they refuse to ask here,
they are also askng which binary of mencoder they should use
iam not forwarding their mail as it was in german ...

so we need a volunteer who has some experience with encoding, can
provide them with all that and furthermore could double check that
nothing silly goes wrong like using a player with postprocessing disabled
for viewing the mencoder encoded video while one with pp enabled is used
in the other cases

if you want to volunteer just reply to the list ...
if you dont do that, then shut up and dont complain about what doom9 will
say about libav*/mencoder

in the unlikely case that we end up with multiple volunteers who cant agree
then ill decide who is the official one they should listen to
i belive this should solve the issue doom9 had with asking here

PS: also dont forget to ask if the test is just quality wise or speed wise too
--
Michael